Sorry for the late article but Happy Memorial Day to all of you lovely folks out there. Thank you for staying with me throughout this long journey of this blog and especially thank you to those who really put in thoughtful comments and gave us feedback on our website. You guys are really helping us make this blog really big and because of that, I feel really happy. But this article is not here because of that. It is because of a certain that happened over the weekend. So UNTETHERED LABS, INC a wireless security company, hit me up with their cool product called the GATEKEEPER. In a nutshell, what it basically does is that it locks your computer immediately after it detects that the GATEKEEPER product is out of range from your computer. This prevents anyone from secretly going on your computer while you are gone. For more detail, view the video below.
The GATEKEEPER is basically a fob that hooks on to your car keys or your keychains stack. That is because at the top right there is a hole that allows you to attach it to your necklace. The box comes with a keychain hook which allows you to put anything especially the GATEKEEPER Key. To show you guys in detail, here is a picture of what is in the box. I would love to set it up so let me walk you through the easy process.
The GATEKEEPER is a fantastic product and is super easy to setup.
- Slide off the battery cover located at the back where it says GATEKEEPER along with an arrow.
2. Insert the battery that is provided with the “+” side up and then close the GATEKEEPER.
3. Go to their website and Download the software with the operating system (Mac or Windows).
4. Run the software and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.
5. Plug the USB lock also provided to your computer and click on “Pair Key” in the dashboard.
6. This step might take a couple of minutes so make sure the GATEKEEPER key is on top of the USB lock. Then follow the prompts.
7. After that, you will get a message that states ” Your GATEKEEPER key has been registered successfully!”.
8. Then you will be taken to the dashboard where you will be able to customize/configure your GATEKEEPER Key. And you have completed the setup.
**Now keep in mind. If you have a desktop like an iMac or Microsoft Studio then the 6th step might take a while because you have to turn your computer to place it on the USB key. Your key will lock if the dashboard is open.**
Other than that I feel that the GATEKEEPER is awesome because now you don’t have to worry if someone is going to hop on your computer when you leave. The product goes for $10. This is relatively cheap, especially because the box includes the battery, a USB, the keychain along with the GATEKEEPER. That is good because you don’t have to run to Target to buy another set of lithium circle batteries. Overall, I would give this product a 9.5 / 10. I hope you guys have a great day and once again that you for supporting me throughout this journey and I want to celebrate for those who fought in the war and sacrificed their lives to make this country great again.